Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Ahhh Thanksgiving. The day that we are to give thanks for the things in our lives or just in general that we are thankful for and the day that we eat lots of turkey and other goodies. I would like to say all the things that I am thankful for, but at the same time, I fear that if I do that, I will forget to mention something important and those of you that read this might think that I'm ungrateful for things I might fail/forget to mention. So, I will just say that I am thankful for every day that I wake up and all the things around me which make my life what it is. I am thankful for my family and friends, they have made me who I am today. I am thankful for much much more, but I will not continue to elaborate.

Yesterday was a very busy day for me. John's boat came in around noon so my friend Caroline and Sarah went down to the waterfront to watch them pull in and wait for them to get off so we could say hello to them. My mom made some cookies on Monday night for me to bring home, so I took those down to pass out to the guys. I generally bake something to take down, but considering I didn't get home until 4pm Monday evening, baking was NOT on my agenda. So thanks to my mom, the boys still got baked goods :) They didn't last very long down there...they LOVE when the women bring them food.

After getting to see John, I had to leave and come back to my house so the car transport company could pick up my friend's car from here. They have moved on to DC so I told them they could leave their car here until the company could pick it up.

I had a doctor's appointment at 3pm for my ear...again. On Tuesday when I left my parents house, I was so excited because I could hear for the first time in almost 2 weeks. Some nasty peanut butter colored gum looking like stuff came out of my ear which seemed to be what the problem was. Well, when I woke up on Tuesday, I couldn't hear and felt the pressure, so I figured I should get it checked out again just to make sure something isn't wrong again. He prescribed me some ear drops that seem to be helping, but he told me I should go back in a few weeks to have my ear drum checked out to make sure it's healing because if it's not, I'll have to have surgery to get some flap put over it to help it heal. I'm hoping it's getting better, I can already hear better today so I'll take that as a positive sign. The downside to all of this is that I spent an hour and a half at the pharmacy waiting for my prescription!!! Being in the military has some advantages like, not having to pay for going to the doctor or getting prescriptions, but the downfall is WAITING to get your drugs filled. If you go in the early morning or right before it closes it's not bad, but at 3:15 after my appointment was over...yeah, RIDICULOUS!!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Is he really on a boat? When we want to harass my dad we tell him that he was on a boat, not a ship! Usually goes over great!!!