Sunday, November 9, 2008

Procrastinating

Here it is, 3pm and I have yet to pack for my flight to New York tonight. The captain's wife will be picking me up in 5 hours to take me to the airport, so really, I have plenty of time to pack, I just find myself waiting until the last minute to get it done. I've found many things to do in order to help me further procrastinate, but I'm thinking I need to stop before it gets too late and I'm panicking at the last moment.

I worked out for about 45 minutes in an effort to calm my jitters and found that it didn't work that well. After I was finished with that, I decided to drag my suitcase out of the closet downstairs. While doing that, I thought to myself, "I should empty out this box (from the stuff my mom sent me LAST Christmas)and get rid of it so we have a little more room in here." Mind you, we're packing out in like 3 weeks maybe, so do I really need anymore room? I didn't think so, but hey, it sounded like a good idea. So then, after I do that (the empty box is now sitting in the middle of my living room)I decided I should take the spiderwebs and Halloween things down and put them in the other box my mom sent me this year (for Halloween stuff of course). So now that that is completed, I've found that my kitchen seems very empty. I normally have up coffee pictures, plates, and some glass hurricanes with coffee beans and candles in them (yes, my kitchen has a coffee theme), but I figured it's useless to put them back up only to take them back down again in a few weeks. I never really thought it would feel that empty. I didn't have those things up until sometime at the beginning of the year maybe, so there was a time when there was nothing up there, but I just don't remember it feeling so empty. I guess I'll just have to deal with it as things are going to only get emptier (is that even a word?) as the days go by.

Now that I've finished this, I'm guessing I should take a shower and begin packing. I have enough anxiety on my own on the days that I travel, so last minute packing is the last thing I need to add to my list. Plus, I need to dig up some medication or go buy some that has an added sleep agent. I have 5 hours on the plane that I need to use to sleep. Leaving at 10:50 pm which is 1:50am East coast time and arriving in JFK at 7am, flying to Hartford and arriving at 9:45am only to drive 2-2 1/2 hours to Saratoga...yeah, I'm going to need to sleep on the way out there.

No comments: