Presently the weather channel is giving me nightmares. If any of you have the weather channel and happen to tune in, you might notice that the Pacific Northwest is presently getting LOTS of rain. Tomorrow they are saying we'll get 5". It rained all day today and there are no signs of it stopping. Needless to say, I am counting down until they pack up my belonging and ship them east. But on the other hand of that, I'm praying that it is not raining or snowing on December 3rd or 4th when they will be packing out my house. The last thing I need is to worry about my bed and couch showing up 2 days after Christmas moldy as hell. I talked to a woman once who had that happen to her. It makes me shutter just thinking about it.
In addition to all this fantastic rain we're getting, Montana and the Dakotas are getting hammered with snow and blizzard conditions. This too is giving me nightmares! It shouldn't give me nightmares just yet since I won't be driving through there until 2 weeks from today, but it still gives me cause for concern. If these conditions keep up, I haven't the slightest idea how I'm going to get to Ohio. For those of you that are wondering what it is I'm doing...my newest plan is this. I have now decided to drive my car home on the 19th and leave it at my parents house. This way, I can fly back here (on the 25th), John and I will just share his truck, they will pack out my house on the 3rd and hopefully pick up his truck a few days later. Then on the 8th (assuming they've picked up John's truck by then) I will rent a car and then on the 9th, catch a flight back to Ohio and all will be right with the world. The reason I'm shooting for the 9th is because my friend Mary is flying back to Louisiana for the holidays and if I have to take her down, I might as well peace out too. She's one of my best friends up here so it would be nice to be able to say goodbye to someone before I get on the plane.
So those are my plans. Pray that it all works out and that the weather cooperates with me while I drive. It's all happening very fast, but it's falling into place for the most part. Let's hope it stays that way!
No comments:
Post a Comment