Saturday, November 1, 2008

It's Official...

...we're moving...again! Most of you already know that we were going to go Saratoga Springs but the paperwork has arrived which makes it official! John doesn't have to report until March, but he'll be on the boat until sometime in February. When he gets off the boat, he'll fly back here to Washington to check out of the command and then he will fly to meet me in New York.

My plan is to schedule the pack out the same day that John leaves for deployment. Might as well say goodbye to everything at once! Then I'll have to get my carpets cleaned, wait a day or so for them to dry, make sure everything is cleaned and then I'll begin my journey back East. I'm hoping that whichever way I plan to drive will be snow free until I've passed through, however, I'm not sure if that will happen or not since it will be December. Then I'll be home for Christmas and probably head to New York a day or two after that.

I'm hoping that since now we have papers in hand that all my plans will fall into place and things won't be as stressful. It will be nice to say, "My pack out is on such and such date and I'll be leaving on blah blah blah day to head East." Now all I have to do is hope I find a house for us when I make my trip to NY.

No comments: