Before I flew out here Sunday night, I noticed that my ear was starting to hurt on Saturday when I woke up. I figured that it would either go away or that I'd just end up with a stupid little sore throat. Well, Monday and Tuesday it hurt just a little bit, but I thought for sure that I could hold out until Saturday when I got back home. Yeah right. Last night around 8pm, I started to feel the worst pains in my ear. If felt like someone was cramming cotton in my ear with needles and wouldn't stop to save my life. I decided that I was going to have to break down and go to urgent care the next morning (which was this morning).
Knowing what a nightmare most urgent cares are, I planned on getting up and getting there right at 7am when they opened. Clearly my body had other plans for me. I went to bed around 11:30 last night and laid there for hours! At 3am I decided that I'd get up and get online, watch tv, and anything else to pass the time until I felt tired. 5am rolled around and I figured I might as well try to go to bed since I was planning on getting up at 6:50 so I could call urgent care and make sure I could go there with my insurance. When my alarm went off, I immediately turned it off and didn't wake up until 9 when my phone rang. After that, I figured that I should get up and take my sorry self to urgent care.
Poor Marisa got up and had a headache that she'd been having for the past 3 days. I told her to put a coat on and just go to urgent care with me. She thought I'd already gone, so was happy to know that we could both go together. So we put on our shoes and coats and took the trip up the street to urgent care. What a sorry bunch we are! The doctor gave me some drops to put in my ear and some ammoxicillin and Marisa got an IV that cured her headache. We're both feeling much better now, but unfortunately I'll be driving back to Connecticut tomorrow to spend the night so I can fly out early on Saturday. But oh well, we're planning on going out for pizza with our friend Kurt, so we at least went out one night!
No comments:
Post a Comment