My apologies for no post yesterday. After driving for 13 hours, leaving in the dark and arriving in the dark, having to eat dinner and then think about the next day's drive left me no time to post.
The drive yesterday wasn't too awfully bad. We had some terrible weather for about 2 hours in Montana and it was white knuckle driving for me. It was 15 degrees and the highway looked (from what I could see with my headlights) looked like a solid sheet of ice with only one set of tire tracks to follow. It was snowing, WAY early, and all I wanted to do was make it safely. Like I said, it was only for about 2 hours before we drove out of it and into sunny weather for the rest of the day. We stayed in Clear Lake, Iowa and my Lord it was FREEZING!! When we got up this morning it was 4 degrees and the weather said it felt like -14. YIKES! My poor little car has never been in such cold temperatures...guess she'll have to get used to it living in upstate for the next 3 years!
Today's drive was much more tolerable. We left at 4:30am and I was able to drop Mary off at 3:30 around Dayton. She called her other son and asked him to pick her up at the 70/75 interchange so I wouldn't get stuck in rush hour construction Dayton traffic. I told her she didn't need to do it, but boy am I glad she did. The construction traffic was a bit harry, but not too bad considering it was only 3:45. I could only imagine how bad it is around 5! So Mary, thanks so much for having James come get you!!
After dropping her off I came to my sisters to see the kids. Poor Max has strep throat so I'm hoping that tomorrow he will be feeling better. I'm also hoping that I don't catch it! I'm already on ammoxicilin for my ear so I'm thinking I'll be ok. Please God let that be the case!
I'll only be here until Tuesday morning when I'll fly back West. This traveling thing is really getting old. But it's not over anytime soon. I'm just glad for now that I made it to Ohio safely and that I don't have to make the West to East coast trip again until February, but that time, I'll be a measly passenger! I'm definitely not nice enough to drive John's truck here when I leave in December. I'm checking the "NO" box on that one!
1 comment:
Glad you made it safely!
Post a Comment