Friday, January 7, 2011

Weekend Snow

I'm patiently waiting for the weekend snow we are forecasted to get. It's been snowing all morning...a very fine snow, enough to cover the ground and trees but not cause problems. More heavier snow is supposed to come this evening and overnight, putting us in the 5-8" range. I'm hoping that it'll shift and the 6-12" that's due just 30 minutes north of us will fall at our door instead. The plows have already been out to plow (which is unnecessary at this point) and to salt, so whatever happens overnight won't be awful.

That's one of the things I love about living up here when it snows. Everyone doesn't run to the grocery as if it's Armageddon, the plows do their job, people drive slower (for the most part), and life goes on as normal. We'll actually be going to the grocery later on today since it's Friday, and Friday is always our grocery day...snow or no snow, and I'm not worried about it being a mad house. My guess is that it'll probably be dead!

No comments: