I'm a big fan of chili. Skyline and regular homemade. My favorite chili of all time is my grandma's chili that she used to make. I wish I knew how to replicate it, or if someone has the recipe because I LOVED it when I was a kid, and I wish I could taste it again. I remember the bowls I used to eat it in. They were brown and had mushrooms on them, and the chili itself was kind of runny, brown, not like skyline...I can see it in my mind.
Anyways, I've always made chili since I moved out of my house and liked the way it turns out, but it never ever tastes like my parents chili. When we were home over Christmas, my dad made chili one night and as I was eating it I said, "I forget how much I like the way your chili tastes over mine." So my dad asked what kind of mix I used and then showed me what they used and I told myself I should go buy some before we came back home to New York. As always, time got away and I didn't get to buy any, along with any cans of Skyline, so I was glad when I found it at Walmart last week.
That is what I'm making for dinner tonight and I'm HOPING that it'll taste the same. I'm aware that there will be some difference since I use ground turkey instead of ground beef, but other than that...I'm hoping for the same thing. I'm so excited just thinking about it. The only thing better than my parents chili would be grandma's chili...but I'm afraid it'll have to just be a memory, but a delicious one at that.
1 comment:
And the mix was??? And how was it??
Post a Comment