What a great day today has been for a Monday. I'm officially in my second trimester which is exciting because I'm 1/3 of the way finished with being pregnant! I'm not a patient person, so this waiting until July to meet my baby is not something I'm good at. Just give me my kid and let's skip the whole pregnant thing!!
I had a doctors appointment this morning and we got to hear the heartbeat which was cool. But again, can we fast forward to when I can see actually see it on an ultrasound? That won't be until March. The time between now and then seems like years and I feel like the days and weeks CREEP by because I have something to look forward to.
This afternoon, 2 packages were delivered to the house that were BOTH for me. John is usually always the one who gets packages because he orders his supplements, gels, and other nutrition/running stuff online so it was exciting to see they were for me. One was from my friend Mary who used to live in WA, but now lives in RI. She sent me the cutest kids book called, "On the Night You Were Born" and some Preggo Pop Drops which are supposed to help with morning sickness (that I don't have anymore) but are still tasty to eat. It was so unexpected and so thoughtful of her. I read the book immediately and fell in love with it. I can't wait to read it to the baby!!
The other package was from John's mom. It was a cool lunch bag that comes with containers for you to put your stuff in and a flat ice pack that fits between them to keep everything cold. It'll come in handy on the days I don't take salad to work (when work starts in February or March) and for even when we travel pre and post baby.
My neighbor came over for dinner tonight since John had to work late and I attempted to make chicken tortilla soup. It was ok, but didn't turn out quite the way I wanted it to. I felt like it needed more...maybe add beans and rice to it next time, if there is a next time for it. We followed that with some brownies with icing which I believe may be a giant mistake. They're SO good. I love brownies as it is...and adding icing to them only makes them that much better. I have a feeling they won't last long (mainly by my own hand) and I guess the sooner I eat them, the sooner they'll be gone and I'll be sure to steer clear of buying more. Gotta make sure I stay on track for weight gain and not go overboard! So far, so good...but I still got a long way to go!!
No comments:
Post a Comment