We got round 2 of snowfall last night into today. I'd say we ended up with maybe 8 or 9 inches overall...nothing overly ridiculous. The news said that over in Bennington county Vermont that they got 3ft. 2inches overall. Now THAT's one hell of a snowfall!! I think 2 feet is as much as I've ever seen fall back when I lived at my parents house years ago. I don't think we've gotten quite as much here.
The only downfall to our snow is that it makes the street up to our house a nightmare if you don't have four wheel drive. I've been victim to this nightmare last year, but have yet to have to deal with it this year. The boy toy who lives with the bitch across the street (and we call her this because last year when she would see Melissa and I shoveling, she'd NEVER help) has had quite a few issues getting up, and matter of fact, so has she. I've watched him shovel parts of the street that make no sense for him to shovel and I laugh. Umm, shovel 2 paths for your tires and call it good...and once you get to where your car won't go up anymore, park it, and shovel right there and ahead so you KNOW where you're slipping. He shovels the bottom and the entirety from side to side. Rookie. I'm more than willing to help people who get stuck, but when they're never offered their help to me, sorry, then I'm not so generous. Maybe this is shitty. I don't know, nor do I care. Everyone else on this street has lent a helping hand to one another but her.
My workout yesterday was shoveling the driveway where we park and where my neighbors park, and after an hour...I was wiped!! I didn't over do it, but sometimes I forget how tired physical things can make me. I spent the rest of the afternoon on the couch and doing laundry. I think I'll be sleeping good tonight!!
No comments:
Post a Comment