Sunday, January 31, 2010

Saturday Dinner Review

We decided that every Saturday (or every other Saturday if we get tired of it) we're going to eat out at a new restaurant. This week, we went to an Italian wood fired restaurant not far from our house called Sabina's. It was fantastic!! We both decided we wanted pizza and there is nothing better than a handmade wood fired pizza and that was the biggest reason we chose to eat there.

After you sit down they bring you some bread which is clearly homemade and I could swear that each slice weighed 3lbs. And the butter they brought out with it? Good Lord, it was dangerously delicious. It was a garlic/onion butter which was amazing, and they also have the olive oil and balsamic on the table that you can put on your plate to dip the bread in. I only had one slice of bread and halfway through eating it, John and I both said, "We probably shouldn't eat this, we won't be hungry for dinner!" But we finished our pieces anyways.

The pizza we ordered was a chicken pesto white pizza and was amazing! I'm not sure what it is but I've really come to love "non traditional" types of pizza (i.e. anything other than cheese and pepperoni). A lot of times for lunch I'll make chicken pesto pita pizza or bbq chicken pita pizza, so maybe that's what it is. I enjoyed the 2 pieces I ate and am excited for the 2 I have for leftovers. I'm sure they'll be just as good reheated in the oven for lunch in a few days.

No comments: