Monday, January 4, 2010

MRI

I've been ridiculously lazy at posting lately and I apologize. Ever since we got back from Cincinnati it's just been hard for me to really find time, well, to make time I guess. It's one of those things where once you're in the habit, you do a great job at keeping it going, but once you fall out of it, it's just a matter of getting back to it. Please be patient!!

New Year's was nothing exciting at our house. Just picked up a pizza and hung out at home. John was off on New Year's Day and then the rest of the weekend which was nice. I'm really liking him on this day shift job. It's so nice for him to come home around the same time every day and have every weekend and major holiday off. Hopefully they'll keep him in it after the said time, but I'm not putting money on that.

I had my MRI today which for some reason, was the only part of my day that I wasn't pissed off. I don't know if I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed or what, but I have just been mad all day long. Even while I worked out, I was pissed. Usually that will take care of any garbage feelings I have, but not today.

The MRI only lasted about a half hour and unlike the last one I got 15 years ago for my knee, I was able to wear my clothes (since everything I wore had no metal on it) and they gave me some headphones with music to listen to. Hopefully in the next day or two my orthopedic doctor will call and let me know for sure whether or not it is tendinitis. I'm hoping that if that's the case, that the PT will either fix the pain or that they'll figure something else out. The steroid shot I got at the first visit only lasted a day, so it's not something that I really care to keep getting if it's not going to last.

No comments: