Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Weekend

I was a slacker and didn't get to post this weekend, We didn't do too much really. Friday after John got home from work, we went out for dinner at Outback courtesy of gift cards we received for Christmas. Before we went, I did my research on nutritional information as far as what I should get to eat. GOOD LORD! I couldn't believe how unhealthy the Chicken on the Barbie has the potential to be. Thankfully if you order the chicken without butter and seasoning, and the veggies without the butter it's tolerable, but still, not as "great" as you'd think. So of course I ordered mine sans butter and only ate half the chicken (woo hoo for leftovers for lunch Saturday!) and didn't feel guilty. It helps too that I had a great hour and a half workout at the Y in the morning!

Saturday morning I went for breakfast at Denny's with my friend Tonja who I used to work at Bed Bath and Beyond with. Again, I did much investigating on nutritional information. There isn't much you can eat there that isn't OVERLOADED with fat and calories, but there are some healthy and not so awful choices. My order was: 2 Hearty Wheat Pancakes with no butter, sugar free syrup, 2 egg whites, and the seasonal fruit which was red grapes, strawberries, and bananas with water to drink. It was excellent!! I didn't feel all fat and bloated after I left which was great. So again, I didn't feel guilty, even with taking the day off for exercising.

Today was the normal Sunday. Morning walk on the treadmill, grocery shopping, and just hanging out at home. Another week lies ahead and I'm hoping we'll get lots of snow tonight. We're supposed to get some, but I don't think very much. I'm not quite sure where it all is this winter, but I wish it'd show up!!

No comments: