I like to watch the show Doctor Oz whenever I get a chance if it's on when I'm not doing something. The other day I caught the last 15 minutes of it and they had a recipe puzzler where someone had a recipe with a secret ingredient that Dr. Oz tried to guess what it was. What she had him eat were brownies, my favorite! So he takes a bite and guesses something that I can't remember, but he was wrong and he said he was shocked it wasn't what he thought it was because they were so moist. The secret ingredient...black beans!
I went online yesterday and looked to see what ingredients I needed that I didn't already have and decided I was going to make them. Today was that day and I must admit, I was a bit nervous. The batter smelled a bit odd, but not gross. After they cooked it smelled like brownies in the house so I was less nervous. And after dinner, was the taste test. The outcome...DELICIOUS! They were fluffy, moist, and chocolaty!!! What's even better is that they are much better for you than your regular brownie. From an 8x8 pan, it makes 12 and each brownie has 3 grams of fat and only 176 calories.
I've decided that from now on, when we have brownies, we'll be having these!!
No comments:
Post a Comment