Thursday, January 7, 2010

Physical Therapy

I had my first physical therapy appointment today and much to my surprise, it wasn't that bad. It was honestly sort of a waste of time, but I guess in the grand scheme of things probably not. My therapist looked at my MRI films and told me I won the award for the, "Hell the how did you do that?" The muscle that I tore connects from my hip and runs all the way down to my knee, and the tear occurred where it attaches to my hip. I have no idea how it happened because there was never one day where all of the sudden I felt it happen. Hopefully with the therapy and doing the stretches at home it will help it heal. I'm still able to work out which is good, just not allowed to run or jog right now which is somewhat of a bummer for me, but I guess I'll get over it.

I hear that Ohio is getting snow and it makes me laugh at how much people are freaking out about it. It'd be one thing if it NEVER snowed there, but every year between December and February they KNOW they get snow...so why all the hype? My therapist and I were talking about snow today and how we really haven't gotten that much this year. We're thinking we'll get dumped on at some point in time before the season is over and if we don't...we'll end up getting it next year. I would kinda like some more snow. I mean, we still have plenty on the ground from the 8 inches we got in December and the few inches we've gotten here and there since, but I'm ready for a big 10-12 inch snowfall!

On another random note, we're talking about getting the MagicJack phone. I've read a few things about it and we'd be stupid not to. It's like $40 to buy the stuff I think, and then $19.95 a year after that. We pay $40 a MONTH to Time Warner which is a huge rip off and the MagicJack is the same thing. It's the phone line that works through the cable line. Sure if the power goes out we're screwed, but that's why we have cell phones! I'm going to do a little more research, but we're pretty sure that we're going to end up doing it. I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Tricia @ Take 10 With Tricia said...

I'm actually surprised you even have a land-line? The only reason we keep ours is in case a babysitter needs to call 911 or something. AND my cell phone gets ZERO service at my house.

Erin D said...

Do more research on the MagicJack before buying! My father in law had it and ended up getting rid of it. Connection was awful and line was always static-y. A lady I work with also had it and got rid of it but I don't remember why. Doesn't sound like it's all that it's cracked up to be. Just get rid of the home and use your cells, we haven't had a phone in 3 years!