I finally made it out of the house last night. Sad that I haven't been out since Tuesday, but between the cold temperatures, snow on my car, and just not wanting to make stupid trips out for a few items a day, I just didn't really see the need to go anywhere. So I was happy when Marisa text me in the early afternoon asking if I wanted to come over for some beers later that night. It wasn't a crazy night or anything, just had a few beers, hung out, and I was home by about 12:15.
Today my landlord came to install the rest of the blinds and the towel bars and toilet paper holders. Yes, I'm aware that these things should have already been done, but he also has a business in Vermont and I think he just had too much on his plate. So, he finished up those things today and it makes a world of difference! I've been waking up at first light in the morning since there has not been anything to keep the light out. Needless to say, I'm looking very forward to sleeping as long as possible tomorrow!! I'm tempted to turn my phone off tonight even though John will be calling at God only knows what hour of the night/morning. I've not had one night of uninterrupted sleep since I got here!
I hung some pictures downstairs in my dining room and living room. I also made many attempts to place my hurricanes, plates, and pictures on top of my kitchen cabinets, but the set up is much different than in my old house so it's not working out quite the way I want it to. I seriously think I spent 2-3 hours rearranging things in every possible pattern/variety and I wasn't sold on any of it. So, I'll reevaluate in anothter day or two when I feel like I can give it a fresh perspective (that and I'll just end up buying everything that I think I need to complete it and return what is not needed). After spending the whole day downstairs, I feel like I did make some progress and it actually feels semi-lived in down there. Granted, I still need an area rug for the living room, some pictures for the half bath, and a rug for the entry door but I think it's looking pretty good. Although, it's not good enough to put up a picture of it yet. Sorry! I know the suspense is just killing you all!! Ha ha :)
1 comment:
Your posts are cracking me up. You have TOO MUCH TIME on your hands. You need a kid or two. Glad your transition is going well. Keep me laughing. I'm enjoying living vicariously through you. ;)
Post a Comment