Looks like I spoke too soon in my last post about wanting to sleep through the night with no interruptions. I did not turn off my phone and John did indeed call me at 4am and proceeded to talk to me more than, "Oh, you're sleeping. I'll call you tomorrow." Instead, he told me that they were leaving the next day and that he would be back on the 24th or 25th....of THIS month!! That's a month earlier than they were supposed to let him go, but probably when he should have been let go anyways because his "sea time" is up this month. So that forced me to wake up and ask a few questions and what not. After we talked for about 5 minutes, I hung up and proceeded to lay there for 2 hours, unable to fall back to sleep. I was so mad! I called John's cell phone because I knew it was 9pm for him in Guam so I told him he had to talk to me since he woke me up and I couldn't fall back to sleep. He thought it was funny, me, not so much.
Once I finally fell back to sleep I didn't wake up again around noon. By the time I took a shower, blew my hair dry, and came downstairs, it was already 1pm. I knew my day was shot at that point so I decided that I would just veg all day despite the million thoughts I had about what I could've been doing. Around 4pm there was a knock on my door. I saw there was a woman standing outside with mail in her hand and upon opening the door and saying hello, I found out she was my new neighbor moving into the other unit and some of our mail had been put into their mailbox. She came in and we introduced ourselves and got talking about our houses and where we came from and all that. Well, it turns our that she too is a teacher! I am so excited that someone else is as lost as I am when it comes to what in the world the state of New York wants you to do in order to grant you a teaching license. We also decided that we were long lost best friends who've never met based on all the things we have in common.
I'm really excited that she and her husband are around our age or maybe a little bit older, are nice, and that we have things in common. It will make things easier (not like it's not easy already) as far as having someone to run next door to if I need anything and also, until either of us get a job, someone to run errands and go shopping with while everyone else I know works during the day.
I'm not quite sure what I've got planned for today. I need to run out and either buy things for the house or get John's Christmas presents since he'll be home soon. I'll post again tonight since I failed to type this yesterday!
No comments:
Post a Comment