Friday, January 9, 2009

Huck Finn's Warehouse

Today, Melissa (my neighbor...and from here on out I will just call her Melissa instead of Melissa my neighbor) and I ventured down to Albany to go to Huck Finn's Warehouse and Furniture store. It's a HUGE warehouse that sells just about everything. Our original intent to go there was to look at area rugs and I'm super excited to say that they have carpet remnants in the size that I need for the price I'd like to pay. I still need to ask around at some carpet stores to see what their prices are, but I'm starting to think that Huck Finn's will be our best bet. Other than checking prices at carpet stores, the only other thing I need to do is find out how much carpet padding will be, but I don't think it will cost that much.

One of the funny things we saw at Huck Finn's is a giant cow with sunglasses on in the baby furniture department (no, that is not a hint). Melissa thought it would funny to be as cool as the cow and I just happened to have my camera in my pocket.

From Someday We'll Put Down Roots


We also went to the Christmas Tree Shop which is kinda like a big TJ Maxx in the sense that they sell just about everything and most of it is at a pretty good price. I bought 2 pairs of fake fuzzy crocs for 6.99 a piece. One pair to wear around the house and the other to just wear out. I was in desperate need of some slippers so these are the next best thing...maybe even better!

The only other thing I will leave you with is a picture of tonight's sunset.
From Someday We'll Put Down Roots


I do have to say that THIS never gets old!! I can't wait until the summer :)

No comments: