Sunday, January 11, 2009

Busted Night, Productive Day

Upon dawns early light this morning, I awoke to a good 5-6 inches of snow on my car. It looks so pretty, however, it blew my night. Marisa attempted to come to my house last night and could not make it up the lane to my house. We entertained the idea of just leaving her car down on the side of the street until the snow plow came by with his blade down. We figured if she'd have parked down there her car would either get hit by the plow or she'd get buried in. So, she put it in reverse and went home.

Today was a very productive day for me though. I cleaned up a lot of the clutter that I had lying around, played with the layout of my furniture, finished up the office for the most part and cleaned up some things in our bedroom. I'd have to say I got a lot accomplished and I'm feeling pretty good about it. I know I said I didn't want to put up pictures until things were 100%, but I decided that I'll put up pictures of what I've accomplished so far.

Here's the office before shot:
From Someday We'll Put Down Roots


And here is the after shot:
From Someday We'll Put Down Roots


From Someday We'll Put Down Roots


I also played around with the layout of my family room furniture. Here's how I originally had it.

From Someday We'll Put Down Roots


Then I changed it to this.

From Someday We'll Put Down Roots


I discovered that I didn't really like it this way, so I moved it back. The big white squares you see underneath the chair and couch are cleaning cloths that I put under the legs so I could drag it around the room since I am the only one here to move furniture. That and I don't want to scratch the floors.

I still feel like I've got a lot to get done, but it's one thing at time. My biggest want was to get things looking nice for when John comes home. It's not perfect (which is making me crazy) but I think it looks alright ;)

No comments: