Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Northeast Misery

That is the title that comes up when you go to www.weather.com right now. Click on the weather map, and it seems as though my entire area is covered by a blue blob which indicates snow. Then, around the radar map it says there is a winter storm warning for the area until 7am....THURSDAY. Yikes! Apparently we're supposed to get a possible 4-7 inches of snow, then 1/4-1/2 inch of ice, and then some more snow. Sounds like a lot of fun!! Can you sense my sarcasm? Although, as big of a pain in the ass this weather is, I really don't mind it all that much for a few reasons. The first one being that I don't work right now, so I don't have to worry about how in the hell I'm going to make it down the driveway without plunging into the lake or being struck by an oncoming car in the event that the driveway is a giant sheet of ice. The second reason I don't mind it is because in a day or two, the sun will come out. It might still be nuts'o cold, but the sun is out!! That is all it takes for me to be happy. We didn't see the sun for weeks/months at a time in Washington, so I'll take this winter weather for a day or two and then Mr. Sun will come out and make life better :)

So, that's all I have to say for now. Since I'm anticipating being stuck inside tomorrow I plan on hopefully finishing up the office and hanging some pictures around the house. I promise to post some pictures of tomorrow's "misery."

No comments: