My apologies for the long gaps of not posting, but as you all know, I'm one busy lady. I'm still in Washington and have now been here and living out of my suitcase for 2 weeks today. As much as I love to travel, that is one thing I hate the most. I didn't overpack for once in my life, but the things I did pack, I am now wishing I didn't. I packed nicer, wear to go out with friends type of clothes versus hoodies and sweat pants. With the drive cross country coming up in the next few days, I would like another hoodie or 2. I think I'm good on comfy pants though since I did bring a few pairs to lounge around in and to wear between the car and gym.
John made it back to the states on Sunday with no hiccups or delays. It was so nice to see him and we're back in routine already (not that anyone should be shocked by that). We'll be leaving on Monday to head back East for the final time. We'll be stopping in Ohio for probably only 2-3 days and will get to spend our anniversary driving to NY probably. Oh well, I just want to get home, stop dressing myself out of a suitcase, and sleep in my own comfy bed!
I had to laugh the other day because we were driving back from Wal-mart to the apartment we're staying in for the week and out of habit, John turned down the road that takes you to our old house. As soon as he put his turn signal on I smiled to myself, knowing that he wasn't thinking and it was just habit to go that way. When he turned I said, "We going to our old house?" He was like, "Oh, crap!" So we went and drove by it anyways and it made me a little sad. As much as I didn't like living up here, I did like my house a lot. It was cozy and it was home.
So, not much else really is going on. I woke up at 5:30 this morning because I could hear the windows creaking. I didn't think anything of it other than the fact that it was probably windy outside. So this morning John told me that there was an earthquake here overnight. When I asked what time, sure enough, he said around 5:30am, or that's what the new report he read said. So I am guessing that that is what woke me up this morning. I didn't feel anything, just heard the windows shake.
With all that being said, I hope everyone is well. Hopefully I'll be back on track once we are finally settled!
1 comment:
Ten to one says that earthquake happened b/c of that volcano that's getting ready to erupt in Alaska....good thing it was just a little one!
Post a Comment