Thursday, October 30, 2008

Kickboxing kicks butt!

I went to my first kickboxing class today at the gym and it was absolutely incredible! One of the other wives has gone a few times and I told her I would join her today since I've been wanting to take a class for a while. I didn't really know what to expect when I got there. I walked in, showed my ID and the woman handed me the group exercise pass (how they track how many people come) and then asked me if I needed gloves. Gloves? I said yes. Caroline arrived a few minutes after me and we walked back to the room. She informed me that on Thursdays, you actually get to punch and kick a bag. Sweet!

An hour later when it was over, I felt so energized!! It was a great stress and tension reliever to punch the crap out of one of those big bags that stands on the floor. But I have to say, after punching and kicking for an hour, I was WIPED OUT!It was super fun and I can't wait to go again on Tuesday, however, I have an appointment with John at Navy Legal at 9am so I'm hoping it's over by 10 so I can make class by 10:45.