I figured it will be a good thing for me to do, not only because I live away from my family and friends, but I think it will help me put things going on in our life into perspective and maybe I'll give my husband a break from time to time :) I figure it will give me a chance to sort of keep in touch with everyone I grew up with, friends I've made along the way, and friends I will make in the future. Being on the West coast has it's advantages and disadvantages as far as keeping in contact with people goes. Phone calls with those that live on the East coast are pretty easy for me to keep up with since their evenings are my afternoons for the most part. The friends I have up here, well, they all are housewives as well, and all of them are mothers, so we can talk during the day or during nap times. My Vegas friends, I can talk to them before John gets home from work or once he goes to bed. That will be a little tougher if we ever move back East. So, all around, I am assuming that this blog post will be good thing.
I'm going to make a conscious effort to post to this daily. Whether it be an all out account of the daily happenings or just something good, bad, or interesting that I've come across in my day, or John's day for that fact, but he'd actually have to talk about his day for me to comment on that!
Speaking of John, I am waiting on him to come home. Since he's the super smart guy that he is, he gets to be the ENG this week while the current ENG goes on leave. What that means to me? Well hell, I don't really know. I think it means longer hours at work, phone calls at night when we're trying to sleep, and a crabby husband when he gets home. Whether or not that will be the case is beyond me. I'll tell you next week. As thankful as I am that John is as smart as he is, it has it's downfalls too. Poor me right?! I know none of you are giving me any sympathy, and I'm ok with that :)
Congratulations to my friend Erin Darringer today for giving birth to her 2nd baby! A baby girl named Alayna Jo. I can't wait to see pictures of her!
Other than that, I have nothing else to report on...for now at least :)
Until tomorrow......
No comments:
Post a Comment