In the past 24 hours I've heard of 2 birthds and 1 death. As I mentioned yesterday, my friend Erin gave birth to her 2nd child, a daughter named Alayna (who by the way is beautiful!). Well, I called Amanda during my time waiting for John to come home and she mentioned she was at Niki's house, hanging out with her since she was upset over the death of her grandpa. I have had the pleasure of meeting Niki's grandparents a few times in the past and her grandpa was just the cutest and sweetest old man. I've heard that his health was up and down in the past year, and yesterday, he passed. I'm sad for Niki's and her family's loss. I can only hold them and her grandma in my prayers.
Today, after I got out of the shower, I got a phone call from my friend Bethany who lives in South Carolina. She sounded odd so I asked her what was wrong and much to my surprise, she told me she and her husband just had their baby boy who was scheduled to arrive on the 30th of this month via c-section! It was crazy because I just read up on her blog last night (again, while waiting for John to come home) and I was thinking how lucky she was because she had mentioned how God had gotten everything in order for them as far as getting time off before the baby arrived. So, it looks like God was looking out for her. They named their son Ethan Michael and he will be little brother to his sister Maggie, and their late son Chase. She said that Ethan is still in the NICU with some fluid on his lung, but his weight and everything else looks good, so I am hopeful that all will be well and they will all be able to go home soon, happy and healthy.
They say that these things come in 3s, whether that's 3 births equal 1 death, or 2 births to 1 death...I don't know what the ratios are, or even if it's true. It's a saying and I'm sure it doesn't mean anything. After all, I don't know anyone else who is supposed to give birth in the next few days and I'm hoping that no one else I know dies (I'm not trying to be morbid).
Births and Death......that sums up today.
No comments:
Post a Comment