Friday, February 25, 2011

Step One

The plan for today was to go and register at Babies R Us for the tot, but low and behold...here comes Johnny Snowstorm dumping lots of heavy wet snow ALL day long. Last night when we watched the news, they said they thought it'd be more rain and we'd only see maybe 1-3 inches, but there was a possibility of seeing more depending on which way the front moved. Well, I guess it moved the way that pushed more snow on us because this mornings forecast they said we'd see anywhere from 8-14 inches. I'm not sure how much is out there now, but I'd say 8 or more is a pretty safe guess.

With that being the case, we decided to scrap the idea of trying to battle the highway just to get to Babies R Us. Instead, we decided to embrace the idea of being stuck inside and do some work on the baby's room. Our crib and changing table showed up yesterday (thankfully instead of today or another crappy weather day) so we moved the boxes for them upstairs into the den which will be the baby's room. This is what our den looked like before.


This is what it looks like now.


Step one was to move the couch out of there. We tried doing this over a year ago and didn't have much success, so just left it alone. That was not an option today. If the movers were able to get it in there, there had to be a way of getting it out. So we basically moved the desk to where the couch was and vice versa, did a little analyzing and PUSHED. It did end up ripping the molding on the inside of the door frame off (oops) but we were able to fix it with no real problems. Then we had to get it from upstairs to downstairs, and then through another door and into the basement. I'm not real sure what knowledge we obtained between getting it through the first door and the second door, but we managed to get it through the door to the basement MUCH easier and without any damage. It slid right through, and both door frames are the same size. Maybe it was the lack of a wall next to the door we had to get it through, I don't know. But I was thankful it went down easily.

Now, we can put the crib and changing table together whenever we feel like it without having to worry about messing with the couch. I'm alright to leave the desk in there until John is done with his master's classes (which will be shortly before the baby gets here) and then we can just put it in the basement (well, by we I mean him and my neighbor's husband). We were originally going to put it in our room, but it won't be of any help to him when he's working on his classes when he's adjusting to his shifts and staying up late. Plus it'll just clutter our room and make me crazy. Everything else is just details and rearranging at this point. My house just got smaller and with that, I'm ready to move!!!

And incase you were wondering, it's 4:45pm and our snow total is currently 12.5" If you don't believe me, here's my car as John is cleaning it off. I know I asked for a lot of snow this year...but we've had enough already!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I sure am glad your baby is due in July so you won't have the snow to worry about!