Today after I got out of the shower while I was standing by the sink combing my hair, I heard this noise that sounded like a lawnmower. I kept thinking to myself, "Man, that really sounds like a lawnmower but it must be the wind blowing through the crack of a window somewhere." I thought this because we have no lawn, just dirt with a few weeds, and some leftovers of a lawn near the front fence. I decided that I would jump up by our tub and make sure the windows were shut properly and much to my surprise, it WAS a lawnmower. My landlord decided to come over today to mow the weeds which cracks me up. He has yet to fix our broken doorbell, put up the screen door for our porch/sliding glass door, and fix the broken railing on my porch, but he'll come over and mow some weeds?!
I am so overly annoyed with him as a landlord which is mildly unfortunate due to the fact that he is a nice guy. BUT, he SUCKS as a landlord. I sent him a letter AND email telling him that there were things that needed to be fixed here and the only reply I got was, "I'm working it." Yeah, right. Come June 1st I plan on withholding rent from him which I am entitled to do by law. I told him I would be happy to hire someone to do the repairs and deduct the expense from the rent, but with the, "I'm working on it," response, I guess he wants to do it himself. Hopefully when I withhold rent he'll get his ass over here to fix this stuff because I'm running out of patience.

1 comment:
Just an FYI. If you are thinking of witholding rent, check if you are required to set up an escrow account to deposit the rent you would be paying the landlord into. I know in Ohio that is what you need to do in order to not be evicted for failure to pay. At my old job, I had to deal with tenant/landlord disputes sometimes and that is what the law here required. Just something you may want to check out.
Post a Comment