Saturday, May 30, 2009

Hope

Yesterday morning, I was sitting on the couch watching Regis and Kelly and all of the sudden I heard people talking outside of my house. It freaked me out so I muted the television to see if I could hear if it was actually in my yard or next door. Sure enough, I hear my land lords voice and another man's voice talking about putting in the steps so you can walk up to our front porch from the driveway. Excited as I was to hear them talking about getting it done, I was a little peeved at the fact that I had NO idea they were coming over to the property and I'm walking around in a robe as I do every morning. Granted, all my blinds were drawn and it's not like I'm naked or anything, but still, if someone's going to be at my house I at least put some sort of clothes on.

After about 10 minutes I heard car doors shut and then silence again. Later that day around 2pm, I get a knock at my door. It's a contractor telling me he's here to start the process on getting our steps put in and needs to get in my basement to hook a hose up to the water tank. Again, I'm stoked that this is going to happen, but I had plans to go somewhere at 3:30 and I had no idea how long these guys planned on being here. So I let them in, they do their thing outside while I proceeded to get ready.

At 3:30 when my ride pulls up, I walked outside to meet her since these contractors were parked in my driveway blocking anyone from getting in. I asked the guys when they planned on being done and thankfully they said, "Now," because had they needed to be there any longer, I would have had to either make the girl wait or drive separately later on so I could lock up my house. I'm so glad that my landlord is getting these things done at the house, but at the same time, he NEVER checks with us to see if we'll be home or what our plans are. Just sends these people over to do work without our prior knowledge. I know that this is completely against the law and not to mention highly irritating, but if we turn them away, God only knows when they'll be back to do it. I'm hoping that once it's all done that nothing else will go wrong and there will be no need for my landlord to come over. He's a nice guy, but what a flake!!

Apparently the contractors are coming back next week to actually put the steps in. Friday, all they did was pour these things that they will mount the steps to I guess. I'm no craftsman!

Thank goodness John will be off for the weekend next weekend so someone will be here. Although, if they come Sunday, John will be at work and I will be in Vegas, so there will be no getting into our house if need be. Oh well, not my problem!

No comments: