Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Happy Brithday

To me!!! Today I turn 29 and it couldn't be a prettier day. I wanted to go kayaking today since it's only 70 degrees but I called the place that rents them and they are not open. I'm a little disappointed, but oh well. I didn't think about the fact that it's not after Memorial Day yet.

So, instead John and I went to the Saratoga National Park and walked the 4 mile loop of some historic battlefield. I couldn't tell you what battlefield though because I'm not someone who is interested in that sort of thing. I just wanted to get out and enjoy the weather.

After our walk, we came back home, got showered and then went out for dinner to this place downtown called Doc's Steakhouse. We sat out on the patio since it was so nice out and it just reminded me of how much I really do like living here. I love that during the summer all the restaurants have patios for you to sit out on. It's so nice! Our dinner was excellent!! I got fillet mignon and it was so soft and juicy...it was awesome!

Now, I'm anxiously awaiting going out tonight with friends. My friend Marisa is moving to Virginia tomorrow so we're celebrating my birthday and her last night in town. I'm sad she's moving away, but she was born and raised here so she'll be back to visit often I'm sure.

Today was a great day and I don't think that I could really ask for more...except it would be nice to celebrate with friends and family.

No comments: