Monday, April 13, 2009

Yoga

Tonight I went to a yoga class with my friend Brian and I still am not sure how I feel about it. I know yoga is not so much of a body workout (although some classes can be) but more of a mind workout, but I just have a hard time really getting in to it. I think my biggest struggle is that I feel like if I'm at the gym I should be doing something that makes me sweat and keeps my heart rate up. But that doesn't happen with yoga so therefore, I feel out of sorts. Brian told me that the girl who taught tonight teaches it at the Saratoga branch also, but there, they have a "yoga room" that is completely seperate from the rest of the gym. He said it's quiet, low lights and a much more relaxed environment than the one tonight, so I'm thinking I'll tag along Thursday for that one. If I like that one better, I'll try and make a habit of attending.

1 comment:

Tricia @ Take 10 With Tricia said...

Yoga was always hard for me as well. My mind always moved on to other things...the grocery list, how many miles I could be running and sweating, my to-do list, etc. I had the same mental issue as you! However, I DID find it VERY beneficial when I was pregnant...because it made my aches and pains go away! So if you give it up now...try again if and when you get pregnant.