Ok, I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here, bitching about my frustrations with trying to teach here, but I saw this artile today featured on AOL and it infuriated me. It talks about how teaching jobs are in abundance and how "easy" it is, especially for those who are not educators but are highly experienced in other fields and want to move into teaching. I couldn't even stand to read the entire artilce but to just browse through it. Looking toward the end where comments can be left, I was curious to see what people had said. I was happy to see that most everyone who had commented talked about how difficult it is to find a teaching job and that so many districts are making cut backs and what not. I thought that maybe I was just crazy and down on myself, but reading them made me feel good. I know that I'm not crazy and it IS a giant struggle. One I just don't know that I am willing to deal with right now. That pot is still simmering.....
Copy and paste the address below into your browser if you're interested in reading it.
http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2009/04/02/dream-of-teaching-more-career-switchers-become-educators/?ncid=AOLCOMMjobsDYNLprim0001&icid=main|htmlws-main|dl4|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fjobs.aol.com%2Farticles%2F2009%2F04%2F02%2Fdream-of-teaching-more-career-switchers-become-educators%2F%3Fncid%3DAOLCOMMjobsDYNLprim0001
1 comment:
That's exactly why I went corporate...the fact that the pay for my employee development role is double is a bonus and makes up for working the summers. Don't get me wrong, I know I am also lucky that I still have a job since most HR functions are the first cut in economies like this one!
Post a Comment