Today, John and I took a tour of the Labor and Delivery unit at the hospital and I'm happy to report that I did not throw up or pass out. If you didn't know, I don't do well in hospitals AT ALL. Every time I've ever been to a hospital, (3 of the 4 of my nephews births, my best friends birth of her daughter, and mom having a stint put in) as soon as I get to wherever it is I'm going in there, I immediately need to sit down because an overwhelming hot feeling engulfs me and I feel like I'm going to barf or pass out. I guess it's anxiety. Either way, it's not pleasant. So naturally, I expected the same to happen to me on our tour today.
I think one of two things made me not as anxious as I expected. 1. Saratoga Hospital is TINY. The Maternity Ward is on the first floor and steps away from the main entrance. There's no gigantic 10 floor parking garage or 15 floors of hospital to navigate through which for whatever reason puts me at ease. 2. It wasn't busy and the nurse who gave us the tour was SO incredibly kind. I didn't expect her to be a bitch or anything, but she was just so nice and had an easy way about her that made me feel less nervous than I expected. She was honest with answering all my questions and super supportive of the things I had questions, curiosities, and what I should expect as far as my wishes as a patient would go. What a relief!! Now, let's just hope that the next time I'm there for admission, I'm there on my own free will and NOT an induction.
After that we went for lunch at Panera and then went to see The Hangover 2. Sometimes I forget how giant I am and that was clear today at Panera. We went to sit down in a booth, but unfortunately, couldn't fit. Even if we would've shoved the table all the way up against John, it would've been no good. So off to a table we went. The Hangover 2...funny, but essentially the same as the first movie, which I completely expected, but was still disappointed that they couldn't have done something different. Oh well, we still enjoyed the afternoon out.
We then picked up a few things at Babies R Us and Buy Buy Baby and came home for steaks on the grill, brown rice, and steamed broccoli. Tonight...we're going to the casino since John is in the process of adjusting to the night shift. They changed his schedule on him at the beginning of the weekend (which this was his 4 day weekend) which turned it into a 5 day weekend. I hate the night shift, but I'll take it since he'll be home for an extra day. YAY!
1 comment:
Did you get to see the nursery and all he tiny babes?
Post a Comment