We move, get settled, adjust, and just when things feel slightly normal...we move again. All I can hope is that someday...we'll put down roots.
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Waiting for the Storm
I like when it storms in the summer here at my house. Mainly for the fact that 8 out of 10 times, I can watch it rain and lightening across the lake, but do nothing but be windy at my house. It currently is storming something fierce directly across the lake and I'm sitting here on my couch looking out the patio doors at it, but the only thing going on here is the wind that is pushing the storm north. The other neat thing is when it does start raining, you can usually watch it come across the lake on the water before it actually hits our house. You see ripples on the water from where it's coming down and if I have the windows open, I know I have about 5 minutes from then to get my windows closed before we get hit. I checked the radar and there's a small chance it may blow north east and miss my house completely, but just incase it doesn't, I should probably keep this short...just incase we lose power. I doubt it though. Ever since I bought kerosene lanterns 2 years ago, we've never lost power. Lucky charms!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment