We...well, John much more so than I, are now the proud owners of black fly bites due to our weekend trip to Whiteface. We knew to expect bug bites and to arm ourselves with bug spray since the race website specifically said, "Bring bug repellent if you want to avoid getting bit." For me, I was worried for obvious reason. Prego girls shouldn't use bug spray with DEET (and come to think of it, I don't even know if our spray had DEET in it or not). But I wasn't about to get bit. So I wore long pants and a hooded sweatshirt up to the summit, which was only in the 50s anyways so I needed the warmth anyways, and I had John spray my clothes rather than my skin and he obviously sprayed himself down from head to toe since he was obviously going to attract them while running and sweating.
I thankfully only came away with 1 on my neck. John, however, has probably 10 or so and they are NASTY looking. I pulled this image off of Google and it's exactly how John's look. Although, John's are not all clustered like this. He's got a few on his legs, arms, and one on his jawline.

The downfall to our perfect weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment