Wow, here it is, June 1st. I did a terrible job of posting last month and I'd like to think I'll do a better job this month. Time will tell though.
With June 1st comes LOTS more excitement, seeing as our baby is due NEXT month. I'm hoping this month will go by fast, but since that's what I'm hoping for...I'm sure it'll creep by. Although, we do have plans for this weekend, next weekend, and then a friend of mine is coming up the weekend after that so maybe with all of that it will go fast.
Not much has been going on around here. My birthday was less than exciting since John was on the night shift, and I had a doctor's appointment the next day. So we "celebrated" the next day by going for Indian food before he had to go to work. He did get me a nice necklace from Tiffany's as my gift though. He's gotten good at that :)
Last weekend he did a duathalon downtown. It was a 5k run, 20 miles on a bike, and then another 5k run. He finished in about an hour and 53 minutes which was pretty good. I think he was 53rd overall out of 400 participants. He would've been 3rd in his age division, by our neighbor beat him out by just a few minutes (he does bike racing with his wife) due to his much faster bike riding than John. But still, his performance was really good. I was the designated cheerleader of course, cheering for John, Melissa and Jason (our neighbors), and another one of their friends who races, Aurora. I feel kinda lame being the one who doesn't do any of that (not like I could right now) stuff, but I guess I'll get over it.
I'm ready for it to be tomorrow since we're supposed to get a break in the heat. It's been in the high 80s and humid lately, but tomorrow is only supposed to be high 60s which is going to feel downright cold! But my air conditioner will be happy to get a break though. I've got some laundry that needs to be done that I've been putting off since our dryer is upstairs and our upstairs doesn't need any additional help being hot as it is.
I don't really know much else seeing as my life is pretty lame these days. Yes, I know that will soon change. Hopefully I'll do a better job posting this month than last month!
No comments:
Post a Comment