Thursday, June 16, 2011

Procrastination

My procrastinating ways have bitten me in the ass yet again this year, however, with much more disappointment than last. I've been saying for 2 months now, that I was going to sign up for the Mohawk Hudson Half Marathon in October for two reasons. 1. Motivation to get back in shape post baby and 2. I missed out last year by waiting too long to register. Low and behold, apparently I've waited too long, yet again, this year. I'm not sure how the half has sold out before the full, but I'm pissed and have no one to blame but myself. I feel like shit because I've allowed myself to put it off for this long and now I feel like I look like I just talk a lot of shit. My legitimate reasons for dragging my feet for so long were that a part of me is afraid my aches and pains won't disappear after delivery, despite everyones reassurance they will. That or that my body won't recover in time to do it. Ultimately, they're excuses despite whether or not anyone deems them legitimate and letting myself off with those excuses upsets and disappoints me. So I did some reasearch and found another half marathon the next weekend in Syracuse. I don't think it's capped so I should be able to sign up whenever, but I need to double check. I'm tired of letting myself get by on excuses when this is something I genuinely have wanted to do.

No comments: