Sunday, February 21, 2010

Toodles


Ha ha! Toddles! I'm laughing because this is what my friend Leigh Ann called my tofu noodles I was telling her about today on the phone. In my Hungry Girl cookbook there is a recipe for a fettuccine Alfredo that you make with tofu noodles, Laughing Cow Swiss cheese, Parmesan cheese, and sour cream. I thought it sounded good but I always kept forgetting to look for the noodles at the store, but when we went yesterday, I noticed them in the refrigerated section by the organic foods so I picked them up.

John couldn't believe that I was going to eat tofu noodles since I am pretty much the pickiest eater on Earth. I just kept saying, "they're noodles" to forget the tofu part. And you know what? After I cooked it all, I liked them! Granted, they seemed a bit crunchy (I guess more al dente type) but with the cheese on them and the broccoli and chicken I added, they just tasted like noodles. Tofu doesn't really have much of a taste anyways (as I'm told) and will take on the flavor of whatever you add with it.

So now, I am friends with tofu noodles....or toodles as I think I may call them!

No comments: