Thursday, February 11, 2010

Graduation

Today, I graduated from physical therapy!! Since I've been 95% pain free for the past week, my therapist told me she was graduating me and that I didn't have to come back anymore...unless I start getting pain that doesn't go away after 72 hours. If that happens, then I have to go back to therapy. I'm praying that I'm healed, but I'm afraid that I'm not completely.

Last week after my appointment Tuesday, I was pain free, so Saturday, I figured I would try and jog super easy slow and see how my hip took it. I successfully jogged a mile (even though it was a slow one) but then afterwards, my hip hurt a little bit. So the next day, or maybe 2 days later, I did a kickboxing video and only got halfway through it because my hip started bothering me again. Thankfully it didn't last for more than a day and a half.

So, with all that being said and to my therapist too, she said I could return to all normal activities which is exciting, but at the same time, I'm afraid. I'm so excited to be able to jog/run again, but I don't want to do too much and hurt myself again. Heck, I'm not even really afraid of doing too much because I know I won't, but I'm afraid that I'm going to jog for a half hour or something and then be screwed and back where I started. Hopefully that's not the case, but it looms in the back of mind.

No comments: