I got the call today from my dermatologist's office. My biopsy results came back, and the mole they took off came back abnormal and they have to cut more out. Not really the answer I wanted, but I can't say that I'm shocked. I have to go on Thursday, December 3 at 9:05am. UGH.
John knows that all of this scares me and is so great about trying to make me feel better so when I told him that I had to go back, he said he'd go with me. He went with me for the biopsy which turned out to be not that big of a deal really, but since they'll actually be cutting into me and stitching me up, I'm glad he's coming.
What bothers me in all of this though is that that first day I went, they only looked at the mole my doctor wanted me to get looked at. They didn't even give me a full body check which I thought they'd do. The only reason they took the mole off that they did is because I asked her to take a look at it. For all I know, there are other ones I have that need to be taken off and I have to wait until January for them to do my full body check? I don't like that. I am going to ask/insist that they check me when I go on the 3rd.
No comments:
Post a Comment