Today has been a great day so far. John and I got up early and ran the 5K Turkey Trot in downtown Saratoga. It was a fairly easy run since probably 2.5 of the 3.1 miles was flat. I ran it in 38 minutes and 40 seconds (give or take a few secs) which is pretty good for me. I haven't run in almost 2 weeks and my hip was hurting some, so I'll take it. I think the last time I ran a 5K which may have been 10 years ago, I want to say I ran in 45 minutes maybe. So, I'd say this run was an improvement.
Our turkey is cooking in the oven right now and we're estimating to eat around 5 or so. My friend Tonja is supposed to be coming over, and I think my friend Brian may come as well. If no one shows up, then John and I will have plenty of food and leftovers!
I think the only other thing besides food that I'm excited about is watching the movie Home Alone tonight after dinner. It's on FX all day today and it's taking everything of me to not turn it on. While I was in Ohio last week, John bought it for me from Wal-mart and left it on the counter for me to see when I got home. It was really sweet!
Looking at the clock, I should go and peel my potatoes and boil them. I've got a lot to still get ready and I want it to all be done at the same time. I am thankful for so much in my life and my only wish would be to be spending it with our family and friends. Happy Thanksgiving!!
No comments:
Post a Comment