I had my first visit yesterday to the dermatologists office, or "the carver" as I refer to them. I say this because I am always assuming that given my family's history, they're definitely going to want to cut on me. The whole reason I went is because my doctor noticed a mole on my back that she said she wanted me to get looked at. 5 days later, a referral from my insurance company came giving me the name of where I am to go. I figured with all that, I guess I'd better go...that and I used to be the tanning bed queen.
I didn't really know what to expect, I assumed they'd check my whole body, but they didn't. The doctor came in, asked to see the mole in question, looked, said it was fine, and asked if there were any others I was concerned about. I knew I had a dark one near my butt that she said looked funny, so she scraped it off and is sending it for biopsy. Hopefully that will come back clean. So she says to schedule a full body check. Why the heck they wouldn't do it then...who knows. I don't understand the whole dermatology game. I figured since I had an appointment that they'd check me over...guess not. So now I'll go back in January for that and sooner if the mole she scraped comes back sketchy.
So now I will have to get used to being pale. I'm so not a fan. I know and have known for too many years that it's better to be pale and tanning beds are the enemy, but hey, I liked it, and I still do, but will no longer partake which is hard for me. But, I haven't been tanning since June so that's a good start for me. Now I guess I'm on the search for the best sunless tanner I can find. I highly detest the Jergen's Natural Glow lotion because it smells like maple syrup on your body. After you put it on you feel dirty and sticky and smell like syrup. Not a fan of that. I'd do the mystic tans but they're expensive to get and I don't really know how long they last. I'll have to do more research.
No comments:
Post a Comment