Monday, October 19, 2009

I Could've Sworn....

That I had the Broadway piece in the McDonald's Monopoly game. I was sitting at mom and dad's tonight and a Wendy's commercial came on. We were talking about hamburgers never looking like that and somehow we got talking about McDonald's. I told her to let me know if she had Park Place because we had Broadway. She about jumped out of her chair. She said she didn't believe me and that I needed to go get it. Well then I remembered that I had left it in John's truck and John is spending the night up at his parents in Dayton tonight.

So I called up there and told him he needed to get in his truck and get out the Monopoly piece I left in there. He said he'd go out and check, and then remembered he dropped his truck off at the mechanic this evening so the guy can work on it in the morning. I told him I swore we had the Broadway piece and if we did, he needed to get it because we'd be millionaires. His mom took him up there so he could look, calls me back, and tells me it's Park Place.

Now I don't know if I'm crazy or what, but I could SWEAR that we had Broadway, but apparently it's Park Place. I distinctly remember though when I pulled the tab off his Angus burger saying, "Ooh, Broadway. Nobody ever gets this piece! We'll have to keep it and ask around if anyone gets Park Place." But John thinks it was the other way around. It's killing me because maybe I'm just crazy, but I swear I was right, but apparently not.

All I know is that if his mechanic turns up "winning the million," I'm kicking his ass because he stole it from me!

No comments: