My last day was last Thursday and it couldn't have come at a better time. John's 4 day weekend started the next day so we got to spend the whole 4 days with neither of us working and free to do whatever we pleased.
My last day went well, we did a pot luck for lunch and this girl Dorris make me a pineapple cake. It was one of the most delicious pieces of cake I've ever had in my entire life!! It makes me happy just to think about eating it. It was that good!
Friday, I don't really remember what John and I did. I think we ran errands or something. We were supposed to go on a hike Saturday, but the forecast was super hot and muggy so I begged for us to not have to go hiking. So instead, we went tubing down the Hudson river. Not the dirty part, but the clean part up near the Adirondacks. It was so much fun and such a smarter decision because it was pretty gross outside. It was relaxing to just float down the river in the cool water. Our only complaint was that we should have done the 3 hour one versus the 2 hour because out of the 2 hour, I think maybe just a little over an hour of the 2 hours was spent in the water. But overall, we really enjoyed it.
Sunday we grilled out and then went to the racino (which is what they call the casino up here). That was a lot of fun too! We each took $40 and never had to use more than $20. Just when we were down to a dollar or two, we'd win a bonus and it'd pay $10 or more so we just kept playing. I came out ahead in the end, and John was only down $10. Not bad if you ask me.
Monday we didn't do much, just ran a few errands, worked out together, and then went out to dinner. We ate at this Mexican place called El Mariachi's which is the same name of my favorite mexican place back home, but it is in NO WAY near as good as it. It was ok, but nothing has come close to El Mariachi's back home.
Today it was back to work for John and he's working the 3-11pm shift so it'll be boring nights for me this week. Although, my aunt and cousin will be coming up on Friday so I'm excited for that. In the mean time, I have a lot of cleaning and picking up to do. Now that I'm not working anymore I'll try harder to post daily again...pending my life warrants anything exciting to talk about. Not that it ever has really...but oh well!
1 comment:
you keep me laughing!
Post a Comment