Thursday, August 20, 2009

Randomness

It's early morning (well, it's 8:15am which isn't all THAT early) for me to post, but I didn't get to do it yesterday and watching Good Morning America got my brain and mouth going. So forgive me if this is random, and if I post twice today. Who knows.

First of all, I've been doing a lot of thinking lately and I'm thinking that once September gets here I'm going to give up drinking. Well, maybe not give it up, and I don't even want to say "cut back" because I seriously think I maybe drink 1 day a week (and that's usually Wednesday on pint night), but maybe rather than drinking the 5 or 6 that I might have, I'll only have 1 or 2. I became SUPER lazy while I was working and I fell off the workout horse which didn't make me very happy. So now that I'm back to not working for now, I'm recommitting to working out. I would like to lose 10lbs or so and be able to keep it off, however, I'm not willing to eat like a rabbit for every meal and work out for 9 hours a day. We eat well at my house so it's not like I need some major overhaul, but I figure if maybe I cut back/down on the beers, maybe I'll have a little bit better luck. And if not, well then who knows. I'm not relying on that change alone to lose weight though. Hell, I'm a little annoyed at myself for even talking about it on here. But, whatever, like I said, this post is titled randomness for a reason.

I have been doing the P90x workouts with John daily and am taking a liking to it. He's been doing it for almost 3 months now and he's in even shape than he was before. It's sick how fit he his. But, I'm hoping that I'll fall into the same routine as him as far as sticking to it. I'm very good about going to the gym on a daily basis, but these workouts are different than going to the gym. You work different muscles on different days so you aren't doing the same thing every day. We'll see how this works for me after a few months. That's all I've got to say about that.

No comments: