Monday, August 24, 2009

Weekend with Family

This weekend my aunt and cousin came up for a visit. The weather wasn't as nice as I'd hoped it would be and seems every time I've had visitors, the weather has been poopy. But, even though it wasn't the picture perfect weekend weather wise, it was lots of fun and great to have them!

The first night we ate at an Italian restaurant just down the street and although the service wasn't the quickest, the food was excellent. The reason it took so long was because everything they served, was fresh and made to order. The bread they brought out, no two loaves looked alike and was hot. All of our food was piping, fresh hot and the portions were huge!! After that we finished the night at the Racino watching the trotters (harness horses) and playing some slots.

The second day we went downtown, ate lunch and did a little shopping around. We had to make a quick trip home due to some stomach issues I've been having for the past 2 weeks (no, I'm not pregnant and yes I'm sure). After the pause in the day we went back out to an art fair, dinner, and made it an early night home.

The last day we went to Lake George and enjoyed the sights up there. We also spent a little bit of time in an arcade feeding our inner child with games and tickets. It was so much fun!! We all like to play the slots at the casino and we're big fan of getting to play any 'bonus' games the video slots have. The fun thing about the arcade was like putting in money and getting to play a bonus round every time. I forgot how much I loved skeeball and the other things they have in arcades. I kept thinking how much fun my nephews would have. Hopefully I'll get to take them to one sometime.

Monday came too quick and they were gone back to Cincinnati. I hope that they can come back sometime....together, separately, I'm not picky! I love having family around!

No comments: