Friday, August 28, 2009

What is it?

What is it about a getting a bloody nose that will instantly wake up you (if you're sleeping) up whenever you get one? I think it's the strangest thing! I woke up at 7am this morning feeling like my nose was running and I immediately realized that it was probably a bloody nose. I got up and got a tissue and sure enough...bloody nose. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about waking up knowing it's a bloody nose because it ultimately keeps you from getting blood all over your pillow. But still, it's crazy!

My other, "What is it..." for today is what is it about getting a pedicure from one of the Vietnamese places (or any place for that fact) that makes your toenail polish stay on and look so good for at least 2-4 weeks? My neighbor and I treated ourselves to pedicures last week and my toes still look as good as they did they day I got them done. For whatever reason, whenever I try and paint them myself, they never look that good or last that long. Again, I'm not mad or complaining, I just don't know what I'm not doing that they are. I will tell you though, something that they are doing that I'm not, is they punch my feet and legs and I love it. I know that sounds horrible, but it feels so good. It's not some full on slug or anything, but it is in fact punches, and boy do I like it! If I could just get them to punch my back....I'd be in heaven! And yes, you read that right. I often get muscle spasms/pulled muscles in a certain part of my back and the only thing that makes them feel better is when someone punches me there. It's all really a form of massage though, isn't it?

No comments: