Friday, March 27, 2009

Happy Birthday



Today is John's 28th birthday and it was a fantastic day! It was 60 and sunny, birds were chirping, I got to open the windows in the house and drive with them down in the car. I did the normal routine this morning of tanning and working out and when I got home, I had a message on the machine from the furniture store. Our furniture came in!! I was so excited but I can't call back to set up the delivery until John wakes up to see when he thinks we should have it delivered.

I baked John a yellow cake with chocolate frosting which should turn out fantastic. I love cake so for it to be anything other than fantastic would be crazy. I also am making chicken enchiladas for dinner per John's request. He loves them. It's the recipe my aunt Susan gave me (thanks Aunt Sue Sue) and everyone always loves them. That was one of my signature dishes with my Vegas friends. They always asked me to make them so they could come over for dinner. Marisa has a different recipe for chicken enchiladas that she made for me a few weeks ago that is also really good. The filling and taste is different than the ones I make, but equally delicious!

Hopefully John will like his gifts. I buy the man clothes for just about every occasion but it's the only thing I know how to buy! It's not very creative of me, but oh well. He doesn't have half the clothes I have (although sometime this week I am going to be getting rid of a LOT) but all his outfits look nice. So, when he wakes up we'll have dinner and cake and then he'll be off to work around 10:30, and it'll be off to bed for me!

1 comment:

Tricia @ Take 10 With Tricia said...

Send me the recipe - I'm looking for something new to add to the Wade dinner rotation!