We move, get settled, adjust, and just when things feel slightly normal...we move again. All I can hope is that someday...we'll put down roots.
Friday, March 13, 2009
Making Progress....Finally
As said in my last post, I am applying to get my teaching license here in New York. I spent maybe 30 minutes on it that evening and that 30 minutes was ENOUGH for me. I was so upset and irritated that I just had to leave it alone for a day. So this morning I logged on (you have to do everything online and there is only very VAGUE information telling you partially what to do with umpteen million options and NO clear explanation of which option you should pick)and was STILL unsure of whether or not I had applied correctly. The only sure thing I did know was that they got $194.45 from me thus far. So, I did a little digging and emailed this woman at the BOCES (they are the people who will issue my license) asking for help/guidance. Thankfully, she emailed me back later on and told me that I need to mail her a few things and then get fingerprinted (and send ANOTHER $25) and that should hopefully secure me a teaching license here for the next 2 years. My hopes now are that I can either find a full time teaching job for the upcoming school year (which I am honestly not optimistic about) or can find a school that will call me for sub jobs on a regular basis without having to go from one district to the next just to work 3-5 days a week. On top of it, I want to LIKE subbing. I have a VERY jaded perspective on substitute teaching, but I'm hoping that since I am not the run of the mill sub, that it'll be ok. All I can do is try. I told John that if I hate it, I will do it enough to pay for what it cost me to get the license and then after that, I will just do something else.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment