Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Don't Mess With Mashed Potatoes


Tuesday night, or maybe it was Monday, I don't remember, I decided to make ham steaks for dinner because I was really tired of eating chicken and turkey. So I figured since we were having ham steaks that I would call John and ask him to stop and pick up a box of maccaroni and cheese to go with it. When he got home, he tells me he didn't stop but that he'd change and go back out to get some. I told him it was ok and that he didn't have to and that we could either just have rice and veggies or I could make mashed potatoes instead of rice. He wrinkled his nose at both and said he wanted to try mashed cauliflower. I was a little irritated because he REFUSES to eat cauliflower so I just couldn't see him eating mashed cauliflower in the hopes that it'd taste like mashed potatoes.

So me being the nice wife I am, or just to prove my point that he wouldn't like them, I made them. Mind you, I LIKE cauliflower...but these...were NASTY!!! The consistacy was awful and even though it tasted like cauliflower, ugh, I shutter just thinking about it. As much as I didn't like them, I did eat them all and watched as John forced himself to eat as much as he could on his plate. He tried to tell me that maybe if we found another recipe they would taste better, but I told him I would not be making them, or attempting to anymore!

No comments: