Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Small Victories

So my posts are far and few between these days as I'm still trying to figure out how to manage my time. We've had 2 small victories in the past 2 days. Yesterday's victory was Eden and I going out to Walmart all by ourselves. I fed her right before we left, waited about a half hour, and then put her in the car seat to go. As soon as I put her in and fastened the buckles, she SCREAMED. I thought for sure that I was going to have to cancel our outing because I was nervous about her screaming all the way there, but I decided that I was going to try and swing the car seat back and forth to see if that would do the trick, and sure enough, it did. Yay! With that, I hurried to get her in the truck and away we went. She slept all the way there, through Walmart (minus a 1 minute crying fit that stopped as soon as we started moving again) and back. It was a great day for us!

Today's victory was giving her a bath by myself. We've been giving her some formula in addition to me breastfeeding her (my boobs simply can NOT take some of the constant hourly nursing she wants to do) and I hate doing it for one reason. It causes her to have MASSIVE blowouts once a day. I've never seen so much poop come out of such a tiny body. So today, after I took these pictures of her, she had her blowout and it was BAD. Instead of the poop coming out the sides of her diaper, it came up out of the front and there was a 2 inch wide band of poop all over her belly. I knew that no amount of wipes was going to clean her the way she needed to be cleaned and waiting until later in the evening when John got home just wasn't an option I wanted to entertain. I figured I might as well do it now since once John goes on the 2-midnight shift, I'll have to do it by myself then anyways.

She was such a perfect little girl! I laid her on a towel on our bed while I got her bath ready and she was so good. Didn't fuss, cry, or fidget one bit! She loves bath time and I am so thankful because if she hated it, I'm not sure how I'd get through it.

So I'm celebrating small victories in my world. I'm on my own pretty much 90% if the time so this helps me stay positive and feeling like I'm not a failure as a parent!

Here's some pictures before our big blowout. This onesie has since been demolished and thrown away. Not even worth rinsing out and trying to save, especially since I'd say in a week or two she won't even fit into it.







And now that we're all pooped out and clean, we sleep :)

1 comment:

Tricia @ Take 10 With Tricia said...

Look at that hair! And yes, definitely one to throw away. Not worth cleaning that one out.