Eden has been SO good for the past week or so at sleeping for 5 hour stretches at night which I am beyond thankful for...except last night, and now tonight and I blame my husband. I gotta blame someone don't I? He's put her in her swing close to 9pm before he leaves for work, which always puts her to sleep. Last night, I stopped the swing at 10 and then she woke up at 10:10, I fed her a bottle and then put her down for bed at midnight. Low and behold, she was up at 3:45am and then didn't go back down until 5am, and then was up again at 7am. I was less than thrilled.
Tonight, once again, he put her in her swing at 8:45 because she was falling asleep and he was getting ready to leave for work. I told him to just put her up in her bed and he says, "She probably won't sleep that long." It's now almost midnight. So now I struggle with the decision of whether or not to stop the swing and let her wake up, feed and change her and then put her back down to bed, or to just let her swing until she wakes up at God only knows what time while I just camp out on the couch until she wakes up on her own and then feed her and put her in bed. My fear is that she'll sleep until 4a.m or something crazy like that, which would be great, but is it good for her to sleep in there for that long?? I don't want her to get into the habit of sleeping in there for long periods in the evenings/nights and then not want to sleep in her bed.
Should this happen again tomorrow....I'm making him put her in her bed! I wish I could have gone to bed right when she feel asleep in the swing, but let's face it...there's crap that needs to be cleaned up from dinner and just things I want to do (making a phone call to a friend or just watching tv) to go to bed that early. Plus I'm afraid I'd be awake come 3 or 4a.m. which would make me less than happy.
I'm happy my Boo has a her long stretches of sleep figured out for nights...but not so happy these past two nights have just been bad timing.
No comments:
Post a Comment